MORE IN THIS SECTION
Ways to Donate to Hospice Simcoe
Big or small, every single donation makes a difference. Every single dollar raised, or donated to Hospice Simcoe stays in our community and allows us to continue to build a stronger community for all. We are thankful for those who make Hospice Simcoe their charity of choice and for giving locally.
The death of a family member or friend can be a difficult time emotionally, and we want to ensure your gift in memory of them is supporting the work we do at Hospice Simcoe. Your gift helps us to continuously provide meaningful support to those touched by a life limiting illness, thereby enhancing quality end of life. It also creates a meaningful legacy of that individual within the walls of Hospice Simcoe. By donating in memory of someone, their name is then placed on our In memoriam plaque for a calendar year.
Hosting a Celebration of Life?
We are pleased to provide you with donation cards for your Celebration of Life, in honour of a loved one. They can be mailed back to Hospice Simcoe or dropped off at your convenience. If you wish to have some donation cards available at the celebration or service, please contact our office at 705-722-5995.
By becoming a monthly donor, you will turn your monthly donations into a large one by year end and you will provide us with a steady, predictable source of income making it easier for us to plan. Monthly giving is convenient. Once set up, your monthly credit card payment or automatic bank account withdrawal will continue on until you decide to change it. Monthly giving reduces our administrative and postage costs as we will only send you one tax receipt each year.
Planning a gift now that will support us in the future is an incredible way to leave a legacy and impact the work done by Hospice Simcoe.
A will is the easiest and most effective means to ensure that your assets are distributed as you wish. Gifts by will, or bequests, have become an increasingly important source of revenue for Hospice Simcoe, enabling us to continue to provide exemplary, compassionate palliative care. Many friends have remembered Hospice Simcoe in their will after providing for their family. Such bequests provide continuing support of the ongoing work of Hospice Simcoe.
To include a gift to Hospice Simcoe in your will, follow these two steps:
- Record our full legal name and charitable business number:
Hospice Simcoe Charitable Business Number: 134433234 RR0001
- Choose one of the following sample clauses which you can share with your Legal Advisor.
Although your lawyer will review all the terms of your will, we suggest the follow wording for gifts to Hospice Simcoe:
Standard Will Clauses:
Suggested will clause wording for an unrestricted specific bequest: I give the sum of (insert a specific sum) to Hospice Simcoe for its general purposes as Hospice Simcoe sees fit.
Suggested will clause wording for unrestricted residual bequest: I give _______% of the residue of my estate to Hospice Simcoe for its general purposes as Hospice Simcoe sees fit.
On occasion we are in need of tangible items. If you would like to support us by purchasing any of these items, please let us know.
The following is a list of items we need at this time. If the item is specific, details will be listed or a link will be provided to ensure it is appropriate for Hospice Simcoe. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 705-722-5995.
For the House
- 2D Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi (streaming) Simcoe – please contact us if you have any questions
- Gift cards to Bed Bath & Beyond for linens and supplies.
- Gift cards to Indigo/Chapters & Toys R US for children & teens bereavement, and educational materials.
- Gift cards to Michaels for supplies for Children’s Bereavement & legacy work
- Grocery store gift cards are incredibly helpful as we purchase groceries weekly for our kitchen.
- Shoppers Drug Mart gift cards for patient care needs.
- You can donate your Optimum Points to Hospice Simcoe when shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- We gratefully accept Canadian Tire Money.
- Canadian Tire gift cards for maintenance and paint.
- Lowes gift cards to purchase materials for maintenance/home repair.
If you are purchasing perishables, please connect with us first to confirm quantity/priority. Our kitchen volunteers bake and cook on a daily basis for our residents and their families.
Below is a list of items we frequently use.
- Butter, shortening, margarine
- Chocolate Chips, walnuts, pecans
- Brown sugar, white sugar, icing, frosting
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, coconut)
- Large flaked oats
- White flour
- Tetley tea bags
- Broth (Chicken, Beef, Vegetable)-Tetra packs
- Olive oil, vegetable oil
- Juice tetra packs (apple)
- Milk, cream (cartons)
- Ginger ale (cans)
- Fresh fruit/veggies
- Parchment paper
- Plastic wrap
Patient Care Needs
- 3-ply Kleenex
- Large Size Depends with side tabs
- Baby wipes refills (unscented)
- Ladies short nightgowns (cotton, sleeveless)
- Single use razors (3 blade), shaving cream
- Deodorant, lotions (small, unscented)
- Lip balm/chapstick
- Face, hand and bath towels (white & dark coloured)
- Manicure sets, nail clippers
- Moisture mouth spray (can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Small bottles of unscented shampoo
- Dish soap, dishwasher tabs
- 3 tall tower fans
How to Donate
Credit card donations are accepted online through CanadaHelps, using a secure server. You may choose one-time or monthly donations. Gifts may also be made in honour or in memory of someone significant in your life. Tax receipts will be emailed to you directly from CanadaHelps.
Donate by Telephone
Please call us at 705-722-5995 and indicate that you wish to make a donation by credit card.
Donate by Mail or Fax
For your convenience, please complete the appropriate form below and send via mail or fax. Fax #: 705-722-0716
Donate in Person
Our office accepts cash, cheques, debit and credit cards. We are located at 336 Penetanguishene Road, Barrie, ON. Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Outside of office hours, donations cards are available. A locked box to deposit your donation is located outside the main office.
frequently asked questions
Once your donation has been received, you can expect your tax receipt within 2 weeks. Receipts are automatically generated for gifts of $20 or more. Receipts for monthly donors are issued annually. Should you have any questions about your gift, please contact us.
All our online donations come to us through Canada Helps. Once your donation has been processed, you will receive a tax receipt via email directly from Canada Helps. If you have not received your receipt, check your junk mail, or contact Canada Helps directly (toll-free 1-877-755-1595) to ensure you receive your receipt.
Yes. All of your information is kept confidential and protected by Hospice Simcoe policies and procedures.
Yes, an acknowledgement will be sent that includes the name and address of the donor, but not the amount of the donation. If they have not been a resident of Hospice Simcoe, the donor will need to provide the appropriate information.
Unless donors notify us to the contrary, Hospice Simcoe displays the names of donors for donations of $50 or more on a plaque in our residence. The plaque is updated every six months.
Need More Information?
If you have any questions or would like to speak with us about your donation, please provide your contact information below.